The 27th National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon - November 12, 2014
The Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) will host its 27th Annual National Philanthropy Day® Awards Luncheon on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at the Signature Grand in Davie. Members of the community are invited to join in the celebration and pay tribute to nine, local honorees in the areas of volunteerism, foundation and corporate philanthropy, and executive fundraising.
The Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of AFP’s 2014 National Philanthropy Day® Honorees are:
• Outstanding Philanthropist: Francie Bishop Good nominated by NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
• Outstanding Large Corporation: ADT nominated by SOS Children’s Villages – Florida
• Outstanding Small Corporation: Orange Bowl Committee nominated by Junior Achievement of South Florida
• Outstanding Foundation: The Salah Foundation nominated by Broward Health Foundation
• Outstanding Organization: Coral Springs Community Chest: nominated by Impact Broward
• Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Jennifer Stewart, CFRE nominated by Children’s Harbor
• Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Heather Geronemus nominated by MADD
• Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy: Robert Calhoun nominated by Westminster Academy and South Florida Wildlife Center
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Mary Riedel nominated by Signature Grand
The National Philanthropy Day® Awards represents one of the year’s largest gatherings of South Florida’s most well-regarded philanthropists, CEOs, board members and non-profit executives. Attendance at the event is expected to exceed 600 – making the 2014 Awards the largest in more than a decade. Revenue from the annual event is used to facilitate professional development training for fundraising professionals, as well as support AFP’s monthly educational luncheons for non-profits.
Individual tickets to the event are priced at $65. Event sponsorships range from $1,250 to $10,000. Ads may also be purchased in the Event Journal; prices range from $25 to $850 ($850 ad includes table for 10 and the opportunity recognize a Table Honoree). For more information about sponsorships and ads, please visit AFPbroward.org/national-philanthropy-day2014.
For more information on National Philanthropy Day®, contact event co-chairs Debbie Levine, CFRE at 954.420.5030 and Shannon Brown at 305.899.4834.
ABOUT THE ASSOCIATION OF FUNDRAISING PROFESSIONALS
The Fort Lauderdale/Broward Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents more than 160 professional fundraisers from all sectors of the local non-profit community. Internationally, AFP represents more than 30,000 fundraisers in 222 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through advocacy, research, education and certification programs. AFP fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. AFPbroward.org